Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Flowers, Herbs and Squash


Well, last Friday Daniel and I started what I am afraid will be quite the task of getting our gardens ready for spring. Friday was so beautiful Daniel and I went outside to start pulling weeds in the front flowerbed, due to the mud and the remaining snow, we were unable to get very far.




Yesterday I decided to go out and start getting the seeds I want to plant and some Jiffy pods. I am going to try doing a little more weeding tomorrow, since we are actually going to see the sun for the first time in three days, and hopefully get all of my herbs planted. I am going to start all of my items indoors, then move them outside in about six weeks or so. I am also planting Columbine, and four varieties of squash.





I am so ready to have Daniel help me in the garden...he even has his own bucket, shovel and rake. I think he will be a good gardener like his great grandpa. I am also ready for walking at the park this week, no rain in the forecast again till Saturday! I won't mind, because I will be doing yoga...much needed by the way, all weekend long! I will try to get some good photos from the weed pulling, planting and yoga to post soon. Happy Gardening! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment