Saturday, January 23, 2010

Crochet Collector Dolls



A few years ago...about eight to be exact, I picked up a crochet book with this beautiful doll dress. It had matte and pearl thread combinations, lace and many different pieces to make. I went out and purchased the items I needed including the tiny doily hooks that make you almost cross eyed as you work with them. Then I started the tedious job of crocheting this gorgeous Civil War Era gown. It is one of my favorite pieces that I have replicated three times with little changes to each and in several different colors. These gowns are created through Paradise Publications and are a joy to create. As each period piece comes to a finish, you can almost picture the young girls going to parties in the dresses, or Marie Antoinette, or Scarlett O'Hara. I will try to post more pictures soon, but here is a picture of the doll I created for my grandmother...my first attempt.





No comments:

Post a Comment