Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Daniel Glenn Kandell
1 Day old


Motherhood, it is one of the most amazing journeys a woman could ever have. I am so thankful to have Daniel in my life.

I remember how excited I was when I first found out...I couldn't believe it and actually went out and bought a second pregnancy test, just so I could double check. Sure enough it said pregnant as well. We shared the news with our family and shared both laughter and joyous tears.
I remember how exciting it was to begin to see my boy change and grow as this little miracle was growing inside of me. We shared everything together, and I now miss so much about being pregnant, feeling his movements, watching my belly jump. The prenatal period was something that I will remember for the rest of my life...it was magical.

When Daniel was born, although everyone told me how fast this special time would go, I didn't believe it, but now I know what they meant. Daniel is almost nine months old, I love watching him learn and grow...but I miss my little baby. I miss when Daniel was so little that he would pull his knees to his tummy and tuck down his chin to snuggle up against my chest, when all he wanted was to be held and snuggled with. Now as I watch my angel grow, I see him getting more independent, and mobile. He wants to crawl and cruise, and our special bonding times of cuddling and nursing are becoming fewer.

It is amazing though, I am enjoying being a stay at home mom, never missing a moment as he becomes more interested in touching, moving, and learning. He loves to go walking and look at the lights, watching the snowfall, reading and exploring. I get to watch him change and grow in every way.

To all mothers out there, enjoy every moment with your children, hold them and love on them, they grow up so fast.


8 months old

Yoga Postures

Downward Facing Dog
( in the toy box)
Side Plank

No comments:

Post a Comment