Friday, January 22, 2010

Powder Pink 0-6 month dress


Several years ago, I started making crochet collector costumes for Barbie. They were beautiful gowns ranging from Marie Antoinette to Princess Diana. Last year when I first found out I was pregnant, I originally wanted a girl, just like most mommies do, of course I had many dreams about what my little angel was going to be and it was ALWAYS a boy. So we went for our ultrasound, and sure enough I was pregnant with my wonderful son Daniel.
Then I found out that all of my friends were pregnant too, I didn't do as much crafting though, because I was going through teacher trainings for yoga, and working, and completely engulfed in the wonderful experience of watching my body and life change.
I finished my very first baby dress this evening, and I am so ecstatic over it, I almost cried! I made this little Powder Pink dress...and I want a little girl so bad. So this very first dress I've made, I will hold onto for my own little girl. I can't bare to part with it. I am also planning on making a pair of soakers to go under it ( see previous post), with frills on the backside, a bonnet and pair of shoes. I am now hoping that perhaps I will be pregnant again by the start of 2011 at the latest, because this would be a beautiful little dress to see on my baby girl for Easter or Summer....did I mention I would like to have a baby girl. :)
I do love my precious little boy so much, and I have wonderful crafting ideas for him as well. I have a few sweaters that I have been looking at, as well as a pattern for a carseat blanket for him. He is my pride and joy and I am so in love with him. He is ...perfect...always smiling and happy and a great sleeper. Brian and I are very blessed to have such a good tempered little boy.

Original Design from Annies Attic crochet projects
My own spin on the dress, made with a longer skirt and bell sleeves instead of puff sleeves.

No comments:

Post a Comment